By Timothy Kuss, CNC
The human liver is a most wondrous organ and gland. It is the body’s biochemical factory — the primary processing facility for the body. The liver is the foundation to the body’s self-regulatory mechanisms and is vital to overall health and well-being. Liver health directly integrates into and greatly influences our lifespan and quality of life. As the liver goes, so goes the body.
The liver is both an exocrine gland, secreting bile into the intestine and an endocrine gland secreting insulin-like growth factors in response to stimulation by growth hormone as well as other substances. Weighing between 3 and 3.5 pounds, the size of a football and shaped like a wedge, the liver is the largest solid organ in the body.
The liver is the primary filter of the blood; takes food nutrients from the intestines and converts them into usable forms; secretes bile for fat digestion; metabolizes proteins, carbohydrates and fats; breaks down and removes wastes and toxins including poisonous substances such as alcohol and drugs. It also converts sugar into glycogen and stores it along with important vitamins and nutrients; configures blood-clotting factors; regulates blood volume and destroys old red blood cells. Incredibly diverse, it performs over 500 currently known functions. More are to be discovered.
The liver holds about one pint (13%) of the body’s blood supply at any given moment. Human life is impossible without it. However, your liver is amazingly regenerative, capable of growing back to full size within a matter of months. As an indication of the body’s hierarchical priorities, in cases of hypoglycemia, where not enough nutrients are present in the blood for both the brain and liver, the brain is told to take a nap until adequate nutrients are once again present to bring the brain back to full activity. To duplicate all the myriad functions, activities and processes of the liver would require a factory whose dimensions were 1 mile square. Yes, incredible! A miracle in both design and function.
Many years ago, Doc Wheelwright, the Founder and Formulator of Systemic Formulas took an extended trip to China to research and find the most effective formulas for the liver. Doc knew the Chinese revered the liver as the “seat of the soul” and the “general” of the body’s organizational hierarchy. He discovered that the Chinese would often greet each other first thing in the morning saying, “Good Morning! How is your liver?” as they slapped their right side to stimulate a sluggish liver.
Years later, Doc was one of the first international explorers of botanicals in the Amazon river valley. Doc used to say the true wealth of planet Earth was found in the herbs and plants of the Amazon river valley as that region never suffered an Ice Age, thus preserving its flora, fauna and herbal riches from time immemorial.
In his study of the Brazilian herbs, Doc made an amazing discovery. He knew the liver consisted of four major lobes: right, left and the two lower lobes: caudate and quadrate each with their own unique features and bio energies. Doc discovered seven Amazonian herbs that possessed ALL 4 separate bio energies in each herb: 60,000 bvw (bio valence by Wheelwright) for the right lobe, 6000 bvw for the left lobe and approximately 600 bvw for the lower two lobes.
Doc was stunned! He had stumbled upon a divine secret hidden for the ages, that these 7 herbs were created for the express intent to heal and restore the liver. Deeply spiritual and humbled, Doc used to say, “If you didn’t believe in a God before this discovery, how could you not believe in God after realizing this?”
With their lower energies, Doc also believed the two lower lobes were primarily storage reservoirs for toxic substances.
The two formulas Doc created from these discoveries are Systemic Formulas’ two preeminent liver formulas: L – Liver and Ls Liver S. In the author’s experience, each are exemplary and far surpass any other liver formulas present today. They are truly regenerative in nature. That is why we call the following program the Liver Regeneration program. We employ L – Liver in this program. We use Ls – Liver S in the Comprehensive Liver Regeneration Program. See Comprehensive Liver Regeneration Program. The liver is so fundamentally and vitally important to the whole body that it serves as the foundation for all other nutritional programs.
I have used these formulas with clients for 35+ years. They work consistently and reliably in the vast majority. Little miracles have occurred more than once. Conditions such as Cirrhosis, Fatty Degeneration, Jaundice, Alcoholism, Hepatitis, Adenoma, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Toxemia, Obesity, Drug and Medication Overdose and various forms of Liver disease have responded quite favorably.
A common indicator and sign of impaired liver function is jaundice, a yellowness of the eyes and skin arising from excessive bilirubin in the blood. Jaundice may result from an elevated level of red blood cell destruction (hemolytic jaundice), impaired uptake or transport of bilirubin by the hepatic cells (hepatocellular jaundice), or a blockage in the bile ducts (obstructive jaundice). Inability of the hepatic cells to function normally may result from cirrhosis, hepatitis, vascular obstruction, tumors, or poisoning. The most common symptoms can include general weakness, yellow tinge to the sclera (whites of the eyes), easy or frequent bleeding and bruising, low blood pressure, tremor and fluid accumulation in the abdomen. Blood tests can reveal abnormal levels of cholesterol, bilirubin, serum proteins, urea, ammonia, and various liver enzymes.
A Major Nutritional Breakthrough – The Bio Command Formulas
New Paradigm For Optimal Health
Doc Wheelwright was a highly creative Master Herbalist and Biochemist who thought outside the box. He recognized that as a society, we humans unconsciously followed a Disease model, rather than a Health model. After much thought and contemplation Doc realized Nature’s Master Design and was inspired to formulate a new model combining both the Disease model and the Health model into one simple, unified Integrated Whole. Based on optimizing Health and reducing Disease, the Bio Commands were born. Doc broke down the basic underlying elemental cellular health and disease processes into six basic principles, fundamental to all life. They are:
- #1 Activation (Activator) – Active cycle, enhances circulation, growth and stimulation of cells in target organ, gland or body tissue. Optimizes the cellular processes of the more active, acidic pH cycle.
- #2 Building (Builder) – Relaxation and rest (Alkaline) cycle which promotes cellular building and reconstruction and Builds and strengthens collagen, tissue integrity and intercellular matrix.
- #3 Immune Support and Defense (Bactrex) – Boosts Immune response through balancing the Microbiota, supporting the good flora and discouraging the bad (especially bacteria) through a highly advanced staining, neutralization and elimination process.
- #4 Microbiome Rebalancing & Correction (FungDX) – Enhances the Immune Response. Supports healthy Microbiota while repelling unwelcome microbes with an emphasis on Fungus, Yeast and Virus.
- #5 Cellular Stabilization (Stabilizer) – Supports Healthy Cells, Cellular Integrity and healthy Cell Division and Replication. Enhances Cellular Vitality and Wellness while controlling/inhibiting abnormal mitosis. Prevents anaerobic fermentation at the cellular level. Deters cellular Degeneration.
- #6 Health Restoration (Restore) – A Potent Healing Accelerant. The body’s self-repair activities are emphasized and encouraged. Deep Cellular Repair and Healing are Maintained and Restored. Very effective after injury, trauma or post-surgery. Promotes Restoration of Energy.
Even if these Bio Command Formulas were only available to be used by themselves, they would still be outstanding. But much more importantly, the true depth and value of these Bio Command Formulas is that they are part of a much bigger Health System! There are a total of 35 Formulas in this system – 6 Bio Command formulas and 29 Bio Function formulas. The Bio Function formulas range from B Brain to S Spleen and include all the major glands and organs of the body in one unified system. When used together the Bio Commands amplify and increase the efficacy of a specific Bio Function formula and direct them to a specific purpose such as strengthening the liver with L – Liver or the kidneys with K – Kidney, providing significantly more regenerative benefits.
The Bio Command formulas are a momentous breakthrough in the history of herbology. Doc Wheelwright’s System combines small amounts of many compatible botanicals and nutrients which work synergistically as a unified, balanced, energized team to enhance and support each other to produce the desired beneficial result.
The wise practitioner will utilize and recommend the Bio Command formulas seamlessly according to the unique needs of each and every patient. For example, an elderly patient with weak adrenal glands might take Ga Adrenal WITH #5 Stabilizer in week 1. In week 2, Ga could be taken WITH #2 Builder and then in week 3 WITH #6 Restore. Almost infinite variation is possible, to the benefit of both patient and practitioner. This allows the practitioner much greater precision in clinical applications and results.
Alternating the Bio Commands in such a way will optimize the benefits and maintain an active vital healing force. The healing process will not be slowed down by the limitations of homeostasis or hormesis, whereby the formula does NOT continue to work as well after its initial introduction. The Bio Commands allow the nutritional therapy to stay alive and actively therapeutic much longer than conventional nutritional approaches.
The Bio Command System employs commanding formulas to “direct” the impact of any of 29 Bio Function formulas in 6 different directions: Activation, Building, Immune Support, Microbiome Rebalancing & Correction, Cellular Stabilization, and Health Restoration processes. They sharply increase the effectiveness of any Bio Function formula through enhanced assimilation, increased tissue receptivity, and most importantly, by choosing the direction and particular influence of one of six specific cellular functions.
As you can see, this System is unique. As are each of these six formulas. Nothing else is even remotely similar in all the Nutritional World. Certain products will accomplish a few of the objectives of some of these six products. But taken as a whole, nothing really compares. Doc Wheelwright was a true Master in the fields of both Herbology and Nutrition. The mark of a real Master is to take highly complex concepts and reorganize them, so they are truly simple. Doc achieved greatness with his Bio Commands!
LIVER REGENERATION PROGRAM
You will be taking the following regenerative formulas from Systemic Formulas in a series of weekly alternating patterns: first, L-Liver with #5 Stabilizer, then L – Liver with #2 Builder and finally L – Liver with #6 Restore, for 6 straight weeks. Can be repeated, as desired or needed.
Upon Arising & Before Bed:
Away from food – ideally at least 45 minutes (preferably 1 hour) before eating and 2 or more hours after eating.
- Take 2 L-Liver with 1 #5 Stabilizer for Weeks 1 and 4
- Continue to take 2 L-Liver with 1 #2 Builder in Weeks 2 and 5
- Continue to take 2 L-Liver with 1 #6 Restore in Weeks 3 and 6
You will need the following to complete this program:
- 3 bottles L- Liver (60 capsules per bottle)
- 1 bottle #5 Stabilizer (30 capsules per bottle)
- 1 bottle #2 Builder (30 capsules per bottle)
- 1 bottle #6 Restore (30 capsules per bottle)
L – Liver
L – Liver is the preeminent liver building formula that supports building and maintenance of the liver’s intercellular tissues. This formula provides herbal and bioenergetic nutrition for the liver including softening, and purification of the liver with gentle support to the gall bladder as well.
L – Liver offers comprehensive nutritional support for the body’s biochemical factory. Doc Wheelwright’s research and mission statement for this formula focused on key operational liver functions: erythrocyte decomposition, free radical utilization, glycogen production, nutrient absorption and uptake, digestive competence, protein synthesis, microbe destruction, humanization of amino acids, bile secretion and adaption to the challenges of modern lifestyles. He maintained that the liver is the most important organ, and its health directly impacts a person’s longevity and overall quality of life.
L – Liver Ingredients
L – Liver: Proprietary Blend 445 mg: Mountain Mahogany Leaf, Celandine Herb, RNA/DNA Liver Tissue Factors, Spearmint Leaf, Cod Liver Oil (Fish), Goldenseal Root, Quince Seed, Yeast, Boldo Leaf, Ragweed Herb. Other Ingredients: Magnesium Ascorbate 1 mg., 0.6 IU Vitamin E, Gelatin, Leucine.
L – Liver Key Ingredients
- Boldo – Peumus boldus. From the South American herbal tradition, used as a liver and gall bladder tonic. Contains potent antioxidants.
- Celandine – Chelidonium majus. Supports liver’s normal bile-making faculties.
- Goldenseal – Traditional liver support herb. Supports normal microbial relations, helps natural lipid management and bile processes.
- Mountain Mahogany – A hepatoprotective, liver supporting botanical Native American herb. Traditional uses included the springtime cutting of the bark into strips and eating it like vermicelli. Native Americans took Mountain Mahogany on long, long treks through the Rocky Mountains as it imparted tremendous vitality and stamina.
- Ragweed (Ambrosia artimisiifolia. Whole plant, not the pollen) – Research points to Ragweed supporting innate microbial and parasite relations and support for the normal blood and normal liver purification processes including neutralizing radioactive elements.
- Quince – Cydonia oblonga. Traditional liver tonic. Antiseptic. Purifier. Features tannins that bind and neutralize xenobiotic chemicals. Supports normal microbiome and microvirome relations and provides nascent minerals necessary for normal liver function.
- RNA/DNA Liver Factors – Specific support for the liver’s cellular identity and tissue integrity. Provides organized amino acids, peptides, and nucleoprotein structures.
Bio Command #2 Builder
#2 Builder promotes cellular building and reconstruction and Builds and strengthens collagen, tissue integrity and the intercellular matrix, as well as the targeted tissue, in this case the Liver. Designed to promote the inherent re-building, self-maintenance processes that occur during the tissue’s restful, re-construction cycle. This formula improves the assimilation of nutrients and supports and encourages cellular health and integrity of the targeted tissue or organ during its normal circadian “building” cycle by providing important cellular amino acids and nutrients. Nutritionally supports a tissue’s inherent building function during the building cycle. Supports the body’s normal rebuilding processes, after exercise, trauma or cleansing. Magnifies the impact of any companion Bio Function formula it is taken with.
Bio Command #2 Ingredients
#2 Builder – Proprietary Blend 386mg: RNA/DNA Duodenal Tissue Factors; Allantoin; RNA/DNA Stomach Tissue Factors; Aloe Vera (Leaves); Sodium Copper Chlorophyll. Vitamin E 46.7 IU, L-Alanine 1 mg, L-Glycine 1 mg, L-Methionine 1 mg, L-Serine 1 mg, L-Tyrosine 1 mg, L-Aspartic Acid 1 mg. Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Dextrose (Organic Grape), Leucine.
Bio Command #2 Key Ingredients
- Allantoin – A derivative from the comfrey plant cited to help the body preserve its normal, youthful cell activities.
- Aloe Vera – Time-proven botanical that is renowned as a soother, protector, and enabler of the body’s innate repair processes.
- RNA/DNA Stomach Factors – Amino acid cellular identity factors for stomach tissue integrity.
- RNA/DNA Duodenum Factors – Amino acid cellular identity factors for the duodenal stomach tissue integrity.
- Aspartic Acid – An amino acid required for the biosynthesis of cellular proteins. Helps engage digestive metabolic processes.
- Vitamin E – A natural, essential vitamin and necessary nutrient for DNA processes. Esteemed as an antioxidant.
- L-Alanine – A master amino acid necessary for protein biosynthesis. Required by cells to stabilize their glucose metabolism. Supports normal immune system and muscle repair processes.
- Glycine – Helps convert glucose into the energy required for tissue repair. Supports the brain’s normal metabolic processes. Supports the stomach and liver.
- Methionine – A sulfur-bearing, essential amino acid. Supports the body to make glutathione, the premier cellular antioxidant.
- Serine – An amino acid that supports RNA and DNA function, as well as forms phospholipids necessary for cell membrane integrity.
- Tyrosine – An amino acid that supports the adrenals, pituitary, and thyroid, as well as neurotransmitters such as dopamine and norepinephrine.
- Sodium Copper Chlorophyll – The green juice of plants with similar chemical structure to healthy blood. A powerhouse of nutrition.
Bio Command #5 Stabilizer
#5 Stabilizer – Nutrition for the Cell: Supports Healthy Cells, Cell Division and Replication as well as Cellular Identity and Integrity. Enhances Cellular Vitality and Wellness while controlling/inhibiting abnormal mitosis. Prevents anaerobic fermentation at the cellular level. Deters cellular Degeneration. Strengthens Cells to assist them in replicating in a healthy manner. Supports telomere length and integrity and repair of single nucleotide polymorphisms (Snips). Provides vital nutrients to support the cells’ inherent maintenance processes.
Bio Command #5 Stabilizer Ingredients
Proprietary Blend 376 mg: RNA/DNA Thalamus Tissue Factors; Rose Hips (Herb); Sterilized (non-germinating) Yeast; Yucca (Root); Maltodextrin; Bone Marrow; L-Histidine HCl; RNA/DNA Brain Tissue Factors; Green Lipid Mussel; Allantoin; L-Alanine. Other Ingredients: Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbate) 60 mg, Magnesium (Ascorbate, Epsom Salt) 5.3 mg, Niacin 5 mg, Vitamin K1 13 mcg, Vitamin D3 416 I.U., Vitamin E 13 I.U., Potassium (Potassium Bitartrate) 0.67 mg., Gelatin, Leucine.
Bio Command #5 Key Ingredients
- Allantoin – Called one of nature’s great health compounds. A derivative from the comfrey plant. Supports normal youth-preserving cellular processes.
- L-Alanine – A master amino acid necessary for protein biosynthesis. Supports healthy glucose metabolism. Supports the immune system and exercise recovery.
- Vitamin K1 – Phylloquinone, is found naturally in plants, especially green vegetables; K1 goes directly to the liver and helps maintain healthy blood clotting.
- RNA/DNA Thalamus Factors – Amino acid cellular identity factors for the thalamus (brain) tissue integrity that supports sensory and motor signal relay of consciousness and sleep.
- Rose Hips – A botanical source rich in natural vitamin C. Supports and strengthens the collagen. Antioxidant.
- Non-Germinating Yeast – A source of basic RNA/ DNA constructions and rich in nascent B-vitamins.
- Yucca Root – Research shows it supports the maintenance of healthy DNA structural integrity. Antioxidant.
- Bone Marrow Factors – Deep nourishment. Rich in fat-soluble vitamins. Nourishment for the immune system and gastrointestinal endothelium.
- Magnesium Sulfate – Supplies two important metabolic mineral catalysts including cholesterol sulphate.
- L-Histidine HCl – A semi-essential amino acid known to support hemoglobin synthesis and the immune system.
- RNA/DNA Brain Factors – Amino acid cellular identity factors for brain tissue integrity.
- Green Lipped Muscle – Considered a miracle food because it is one of nature’s most nutritionally complete foods. A source of complete amino acid complexes.
Bio Command #6 Restore
#6 Restore – A Potent Healing Accelerant. #6 promotes the body’s self-repair activities and deep cellular repair and healing. Helps restore overall health and vitality with increased energy.
Effective for everyday needs and more obviously after injury, trauma, exercise recovery or post-surgery. Helps strengthen the cells’ nutrient base and innate integrity.
Bio Command #6 – Restore Ingredients
Proprietary Blend 430mg: RNA/DNA Stomach Tissue Factors; RNA/DNA Duodenal Tissue Factors; Echinacea Purpurea (Root); RNA/DNA Adrenal Tissue Factors; Mormon Tea (Herb); Senna (Pod); Rose Hips (Fruit); Stevia (Leaves); Allantoin; RNA/DNA Thymus Tissue Factors; Citrus Bioflavonoids; L-Methionine; Pau D’Arco (Bark); L-Glutamic Acid; Spearmint Oil; Yarrow (Flower); Goldenseal (Root); Aloe Vera (Leaves); Sodium Copper Chlorophyll. Other Ingredients: 5300 IU Vitamin A, 3 mg Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbate), 1.5 mg Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI), Gelatin, Leucine.
Bio Command #6 Key Ingredients
- Allantoin – Well known as one of nature’s greatest health promoters.
- RNA/DNA Stomach Factors – From the Healing Triad Concept of Chinese Medicine, health begins in the stomach, bioenergetically as well as via digestion/ absorption of needed nutrients.
- RNA/DNA Duodenal Factors – From the Healing Triad Concept of Chinese Medicine, health begins in the stomach, bioenergetically as well as via digestion/ absorption of needed nutrients.
- RNA/DNA Adrenal Factors – Supports the adrenal glands that are greatly involved in the body’s overall health, hormonally, immunologically and bioenergetically.
- Aloe Vera – One of nature’s most superb nutrient sources, promotes speedy healing.
- Echinacea Purpurea – Supports immune function and research points to the support of optimal cell health. Known to help accelerate post exercise recovery.
- Mormon Tea – An activator of cellular metabolic function.
- Rose Hips – Natural, whole complex vitamin C. Supports collagen production. Antioxidant.
- L-Methionine – A lipotropic (helps fat metabolism) and precursor to SAMe (s-adenosyl methionine).
- L-Glutamic Acid – Recognized for its power as a neurotransmitter, brain fuel, key compound in cellular metabolism, supports ATP production.
The following formulas also offer additional liver support. You may wish to add one or more to your program.
- Lb Liver/Gall Bladder
- Wood Sedate
- ACP (Vitamin ACP)
- ACX (Vitamin Detox)